Welcome to our website
Gelli Park Bowls Club is the oldest bowls club in the Rhondda founded 1912. Situated in the heart of the Rhondda Valley.
Since 1912, Gelli Park Bowls Club have been a competitive force in the game of bowls in the Rhondda.
Team spirit, perseverance, sportsmanship - those are the hallmarks of Gelli Park Bowls Club.
We are all about being the best we can and embracing challenge.
Our players strive to reach their highest potential, and to always have a great time, whether it’s at practice sessions or during competition.
We’ve been around since 1912 and are still going strong.
We currently play in the Leagues and Cups listed below.
- Rhondda B.B.A. Div1: Monday afternoon 2 rinks. 2:00pm. 25th April - 25th July
- Rhondda B.B.A. Div1: Mainly on a Thursday evening at 6:00pm - Starting 28th April - 23rd June
- Mid Glam County League Div1: Evenings Mid Week at 6:00pm : start & finishing dates to be confirmed.
- Cardiff Municipal Bowls League: Premier 1. Saturdays afternoons at 2:30 pm June - Sept.
- We also play in the Mid Week Cynon Valley League.
- We are also involved in the W.B.A. Carruthers Shield competition.
- Mid Glam K/O CUP.
- W.D.JONES K/ O competition.
- Mid Glam County Tournaments: Open Singles, Pairs,Triples and Rinks.
- Mid Glam County Tournaments: Seniors Singles, Pairs.Triples, and Rinks.
- Mid Glam County Tournaments: Under 18's and 25s.
As to the future of the club. We are looking at ways to develop and promote the club and the game of bowls to as many people of all ages and backgrounds as possible.
- The Club is affiliated to the Welsh Bowling Association
- Mid Glamorgan County Bowling Association,
- Rhondda Borough Bowling Association
- Cardiff and District Municipal Bowling Association. CML
We are an inclusive club and all are welcome irrespective of sex, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or other beliefs.
By promoting the benefits of playing the game of lawn bowls we hope to attract new players into the club.
To promote and provide playing opportunities to individuals of all abilities and ages and to enhance their sporting experience.
- Improve community interaction.
- Encouraging new bowlers to the club by introducing open taster sessions.
- Inviting local schools to participate in coached sessions to encourage young people to join our Junior team.
- Visiting local schools
- To encourage and set up more opportunities for women to take up the game.
- To work with key partners to ensure bowls is an inclusive sport.
- Running family fun days
- Free coaching sessions
- Advertise whats happening at the club on local radio and social media sites and focal points throughout the community.
- Work closely with other community organisations : Friends of Gelli Park. RCT Heart Heroes . Rhondda Radio.
We extend a sincere and warm welcome both to visitors and members.
We hope that you will find the information on this site both informative and interesting.
Further details of all our activities will become available as the site is developed.